Skip to main content

God Through Life's Changes

 Some people just won't change just when you think they did or just because years have already passed and it's sad. More often, we believe that our past experiences, regardless if it's bad or good, somehow mold us to become the better version of ourselves in the future, because we learned something from it. More importantly we should understand that God orchestrates everything that happens in our life for His own glory. 

They say experience makes us grow, but I come to understand that you'll only grow if you'll allow yourself to. Some just want to be stuck in a certain moment in his life because they're afraid to step into new opportunities, relationships, or chances. In short they're afraid to take risks and get out of their comfort zone to experience a better future. They'd rather embrace negativity because they're afraid that if they have high hopes and fail then it's difficult to stand again - sounds awful.

I've never lived a perfect life but I'm thankful I have Jesus. My relationship with Him isn't flawless, there are also times that I feel bad about my situation but what I learned is that although they say that it's not good to compare lives, I think it becomes useful when you apply it in the sense that you're not only one who is experiencing bad things in life, some are in more terrible state. When you fix your eyes just in your situation then you remove all the solutions that can possibly help you. 

Faith says He holds everything in His hand - past, present, and future. So why be in trouble? Because we want things to happen our way not His way, then disappointment comes knocking at the door of heart and mind slowly killing the hope that we have in Jesus. Then we slowly fell away from Him because He didn't do what we wanted. 

Isn't it unfair? We want Him to do what we want but we don't do what He requires us to do? Trusting Him doesn't hurt, there's an unexplainable joy and confidence when you learn to apply it. Instead of feeling bad when things don't go our way, why not pray that He changes our heart into His own will? What a relief when you look back and see how His plan worked out for your own good, it happened to me a lot.

Learn to embrace your mistakes, your failures, your brokenness, and lift it all up to Him. Don't be afraid to walk cos you're not walking alone in this life if you will only accept Him as your personal Saviour. Life isn't easy but easier if you will just let Jesus in your heart.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puzzle

Nick just turned two years old two months ago and loves playing with buses and cars everyday like any normal little boy.. From the moment he opens his eyes until he goes to sleep he takes it with him.. But that day, for a change, he opted to play his box of puzzle.  We were sitting together in a mattress,, and as usual he's sucking his right thumb while his left hand is trying to connect the pieces of the puzzle that's all laid down. I don't know how many times he squealed out of desperation to put it together. His noise is all around the house, you can imagine what it's like. He then dropped himself on the mat, kicking and throwing tantrums with teary eyes, saying "Cheche, Cheche"  (姐姐, older sister in Cantonese) obviously asking for help.. However, in response, I stared at him and replied "why?" followed by a deep sigh,, keeping myself calm even if deep inside I'm a little upset with his behavior (everyday he's like that).. Don't get me...

Nevvie, The Aussie

"The One", the idea I had in mind after knowing the person who ticked all the boxes of my standards, his username was Nevvie (not his real name). I met him back in 2022 on an online Christian dating site. I was ahead of him so I can say that he was a first timer in the chatroom. He wasn't chatty but he would speak his mind occasionally and people find him rude and negative sometimes. However he's nice to me so I treated him just the same. One time, I assume he checked my profile because he asked me about this preacher that I posted in my profile and interestingly, he liked him too - it was the start of it all. We started talking in the chatroom every time he visits, and I appreciate his kindness to me often. He slowly opened up about his past relationship, not very detailed, but I guess enough to point out that it wasn't an easy break up. I remember he didn't have any photo. When he finally did, he put up someone's face and it looked funny and awful but I ...

Loved, Lost, and Lied

The most difficult thing in a break up is not when you separate ways but when you're questioned about your feelings, that is if you really loved the other person. Yes, he questioned my feelings. He questioned why I ignored the red flags. He questioned why I couldn't trust him.  But he didn't see how I became crazy for him. He didn't see that I ignored my standards and rules for him. He didn't see my pain just to be with him. He didn't see that I only wanted the best for him.  He thinks there's nothing loveable about himself, yes, there's nothing, so how and where can I find the reason to explain why I loved him. All I know is he makes me happy and I will always choose him even against our misunderstandings, arguments, trials and even against myself. I loved him without asking him anything in return.  I chose him even if it means hurting myself, that's how much I've loved him and that was the sad and worst part of it. I'm always willing to fo...